"I can't stay for dinner," he said as he lifted his coat from the wooden rack by the door.
"The lab can wait."
"These grad students don't know what they're doing. If I don't finalize these reports by Monday, we'll lose the grant money!"
"She's there right now, isn't she? If she spends so much time shadowing you, she should be able to finish for herself by now."
"What do you want me to do?"
"Do what makes you happy."
Donna tossed the twisted dishrag onto the gray, marble countertop. She had been wrenching the cloth in her hands as she spoke.
"Eat your chicken, Lizzie," she said as she turned the corner into the dining room.
The kitchen door opened and closed. The screen door smacked the frame with a metalic clack.
4 comments:
Wow! You truly have a talent! I'll be following you so I can catch all the updates! :)
Thanks for stopping by my page! Have a great day.
Hmmm.... this makes me want to go back and read the first of the story!
Thanks for stopping by!
Well, my vignettes aren't exactly organized into any specific order just yet... :)
I just wanted to check...did you get the questions I sent? Some folks haven't been getting my e-mails lately. I didn't want you to feel ignored!
Post a Comment