Friday, April 10, 2009

Fear of Getting Burned...

by this economic recession has finally gotten to me.  My job, though I love it dearly, is actually an interim position (a 2 year interim - needless to say, I'm attached, okay!)  There will be another position to apply for at the same school where I am now, but there will also be many other people who will want to apply for it.  Grrr... Local schools all around me have already given pink slips to some of their teachers because they need to cut back on their budgets for next year.  Now that we are down to our last 9-week quarter of the year, I am feeling anxious.  

My husband graduated with his bachelor's degree in public health administration back in December, and when he started the program, jobs in the field were abundant.  Now, however, the tables have turned, and he is still on the lookout for public health jobs.  In the mean time, he has just been offered a store manager position at a local AutoZone, which is great because he will actually be making more money than me, and if I happen to lose my job for a while, we will be just fine.

I'm beginning to think I am going crazy because of all of this.  I've been an application-completing fiend, and I've even been ::GASP:: looking for jobs outside of the teaching profession.  ::sigh::  At any rate, I recently signed up for Google AdSense and to be a Bukisa Contributor.  I'm not sure if either of these services are actually profitable, but I figure that since I'll be jobless in 2 months, every penny counts now, right?  

Penny-Pincher, here... Signing off....

No comments: