Saturday, November 14, 2009

Currently Reading...


...Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. I have been putting this series off for a while now, but after hearing adults and children talk about it so much, I've decided to give it a shot. My high school students chattered about it like a soap opera last year, and my middle school students this year can't seem to get enough of it. There is even a Twilight Book Club at the middle school where I work this year. From a teacher's perspective, I feel obligated to read it now! Fortunately, I haven't been disappointed.

Meyer's writing is not terribly complex or difficult to read. She is no Henry James, of course! However, her suspenseful plot twists in every chapter drive me to flip pages to find out what will happen next. I have a couple of chapters left of Twilight and have New Moon waiting on my night stand. After finishing both novels, my husband and I are going to watch both of the movies (not that he knows this yet...).

2 comments:

Marie said...

She does tell a clever yarn- and you will care about the characters. I did, much as I scoffed because her fan base is well- dorky.
I loved them all- I must confess. Hurry! You have to finish New Moon asap!
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

Sandi said...

Great book and the movie is excellent, I know you will enjoy. I can't wait to see New Moon.