Friday, June 26, 2009

Why didn't I think of this?

For the first time, my husband and I rented a movie from a Redbox vending machine. It is really neat and convenient... $1, 1 night, due back before 9:00... Apparently it is really catching on. We went back tonight at 8:30 to return our flick, and there was a crowd of people lined up around us.

This leads me to consider... What other kinds of things can be sold in vending machines? This topic is worth squeezing into a story somehow... :)

5 comments:

valentine said...

i haven't ever used redbox, but there is one at our grocery store and everytime i am there, there is a pretty long line, so it must be a good idea.

i love the automated machine thing at my post office, i can mail packages, get insurance, get confirmations....i havne't talked to a person at the P.O. in such a long time LOL

Maggi said...

Things I would buy from vending machines:

shoes
Starbucks
books
anything chocolate (which luckily is already covered by the vending world) lol

The Blonde Duck said...

Your feature goes up on July 4! I just set it to publish! :)

Jill Pilgrim said...

To build on Maggi's list, Things I Would Buy From A Vending Machine While Out Drunk One Night:

1. Beer (to continue drinking with)
2. Grilled Cheese (to absorb alcohol)
3. Ice Cream (because I crave ice cream when drinking)
4. Replacement Clothes (because I would surely get sick all over myself if I were to consume that much dairy combined with beer. I am so stupid when I'm drinking.)
5. Bible (to assist in all the praying that would happen after my debauchery night. Damn Catholic guilt.)

Brittany said...

Love that RedBox!

I would love to be able to buy pantry staple, like milk and bread, from a vending machine.
Sometimes I need basics, and don't feel like running to the grocery store.