Monday, June 22, 2009

Hmm... Societal Violence in Titus Andronicus

is my current essay topic for my Shakespeare in Film summer course. My essay is due tomorrow, and I am about to review Julie Taymor's film again to look at all the scenes with Young Lucius to note the effects of societal violence on his character throughout the film.

I love Shakespeare, I love reading, I love watching films... but taking five summer classes was a crazy decision... I have absolutely no time for fun or relaxation... but graduating with my M.Ed. in August will definitely be worth it... So much to do, so little time!

***Update: Thursday, June 25, 2009***

I made a grade of 96.5 on this essay. Not bad for the 12 1/2 hrs spent researching, note-taking, and writing. :)

4 comments:

Meaghan said...

I absolutely LOVE Shakespeare! I took several courses in college and was able to read many of his works...simply amazing! In fact I think I am going to check out my netflix to see if I can get this film

Also, I wanted to invite you to my raffle on Spirit Jump. $1 for 1 ticket and each week (starting Sundays) we have new prizes like airline tickets, grills, jewelry...All $ goes to fight cancer.

http://www.spiritjump.com

Unknown said...

but you'll get it done so much quicker!

The Redhead Riter said...

Way to go! Finish school...get that piece of paper that says "I Did It"...and you have the rest of your life to reap the rewards of giving up one summer!

Unknown said...

I agree with riter. You will feel so good when you get that peice of paper!Stopping by from SITS!