Saturday, April 25, 2009
(Inspiration 3.13) Experimenting with Conflict-driven Plot
I continue to develop episodes about the McGhee family, but still I have yet to determine a clear plot for my novel. So, in my notebook, I've started a list for each main character. The list begins with Jayme McGhee, and I've developed a mini-plot outline for her including the major conclicts in her life that will move her plot thread throughout the book. Two questions I asked myself are these: Ultimately, what are Jayme's problems and what will she accomplish by the end of the novel? After developing this rough sketches of plot threads for each major character, I will try my best to weave them together. Hopefully, the final product will be a unified, seamless novel with a successful plot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i am so impressed you are writing a novel! i read the excerpt: the sisters mcghee, i loved it. it is so beautifully written.
thanks for stopping by my blog, your comment meant a lot to me!
Post a Comment