Sunday, April 19, 2009

(Inspiration 3.11) Scripted Sundays: A Love Note


Button

My Dearest Donna,

 

You have always been my best friend, and I love you with all my heart. You have been a dear wife and partner; you are an amazing mother to our children. 

 

I’m sorry, Donna, that our interests have diverged.  I’m sorry that I haven’t been the husband that you deserve for far too long than I can say.  I do not blame you for staying.  Our children will be better for it.  Please forgive me for hurting you and our girls. 

 

Although there is great distance between us now, I will hold you in my heart forever.  Our memories are dear to me, and our future, although very different than we planned, will be bright as it ever could be.  I love you always.

 

Sincerely,

 

Don



The Road Not Taken (Robert Frost)

 

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,

And sorry I could not travel both

And be one traveler, long I stood

And looked down one as far as I could

To where it bent in the undergrowth;        

 

Then took the other, as just as fair,

And having perhaps the better claim,

Because it was grassy and wanted wear;

Though as for that the passing there

Had worn them really about the same,        

 

And both that morning equally lay

In leaves no step had trodden black.

Oh, I kept the first for another day!

Yet knowing how way leads on to way,

I doubted if I should ever come back.        

 

 I shall be telling this with a sigh

Somewhere ages and ages hence:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference. 

8 comments:

Karen M. Peterson said...

Dropping by from BSU. Just wanted to check out your Scripted Sunday post. (That's one of my favorite poems, btw!)

I am Harriet said...

Very cool.
Stopping bu via SITS to say hello

The Book Resort said...

Thanks, Whitney.
One of my fave poems, too.

The Book Resort said...

Check out mine:
http://thebookresort.blogspot.com/2009/04/scripted-sundays-first-last.html

Sandi said...

What can I say after reading that, that it was beautiful.

The Blonde Duck said...

Popped in from SITS to say hi!

And I love that Frost poem. It's a personal motto!

Brittany said...

Lovely.

I love Robert Frost!

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please come by anytime!

And, no, we do not flood easily or often. There was just too much rain in too little time. Craziness!

Ali said...

Oh I wish I could always take the road less traveled but my practical, logical--and less confident--side always kicks in:)