Sunday, March 08, 2009

(Inspiration #2) Cheaters

Junior : "Remember when you busted me for cheating last year?  You don't miss a thing, Mrs. [S]."

I'm the sophomore English teacher at the school at which I currently teach.  It is a small K12 school, and needless to say, word spreads quickly any time there is drama.  Some sophomores plagiarized on an assignment this quarter, and this particular junior had heard about.  He cheerfully reminisced about his own cheating experiences that had happened the previous year when he was a sophomore in my English class.  The bright side of this, I guess, is that he can now look back on the situation, for better or worse, with a smile... Hopefully, he has learned from the experience, too... And hopefully, the students this year will heal as well... Ahh, life's learning experiences... Some are more difficult to swallow than others, right?

No comments: