Sunday, March 08, 2009

Currently reading...


...among many other things, the Tristan and Isolde trilogy by Rosalind Miles.


  

I've finished the first novel and am in the middle of the second novel.
There are many literary variations of the story of Tristan and Isolde,
 but I enjoy reading this series because Miles retells it from the women's perspective.  She also weaves in other aspects of Arthurian myth.  I am often reading required readings for my master's courses and for the English course that I teach, so I try to find time to read my
 own choices, and this series has been great.  I plan to read more of 
Miles's works after finishing this series.  She has written many other fiction and nonfiction works.  For nonfiction, I plan to 
take a look at The Women's History of the World, and for fiction, I plan to pick up her Guenevere Trilogy.

No comments: