Starting a weight loss plan is usually the easy part for me. Sticking to it for an extended period of time is the tricky part. For now, my efforts are still going strong. I am proud to say that, starting on May 30, I have been going to the gym at least 5 days per week. One aspect of this that has helped me to go regularly and maintain a level of excitement about getting my workout in has been that I go with my husband. Having a gym partner is also motivating because if I don't go, I'm not only letting myself down but someone else as well.
My workout of choice is using the elliptical machine, which I like much better than the treadmill because it cushions the impact on my knees. However, 2 days per week, I use weights to do side bends, I use a workout ball for crunches, and I use an ab machine for crunches. I have been using an elliptical that has upper body handles to exercise my arms as well as my legs, and I select the full body workout mode. I enjoy keeping track of my heart rate as I work out, and I also use the google books app on my phone to read while I work out. Separating my mind from the monotony of repetitive movement actually helps me stay focused. The first week, I started out with 30 minutes daily of elliptical. Last week, I bumped it up 45 minutes, and this week, I have progressed to 1 hour, which is how long I plan to exercise from now on.
This is week 3 of my gym workouts. In addition to the going to the gym, I have incorporated another element to my weight loss tool belt this week. On Monday, I started the Slim Fast 3-2-1 meal plan, which is to eat three 100 calorie snacks a day, replace two daily meals with a 200 calorie shake, and to have one 500 calorie meal.
Getting fit and staying fit are a challenge, but I am making efforts to stay motivated and make some changes in my daily life to improve my physical fitness. What do you do to stay healthy?
No comments:
Post a Comment