Something that seems odd to me lately though is that there are now college teams playing a version of quidditch, and I'm not very fond of this idea. There is even an International Quidditch Association. Hmmm....
Saturday, April 30, 2011
Q is for Quidditch
I read the Harry Potter series when I was in high school and even stood in line to purchase the last few books. My husband didn't get into it at first, but once he started reading the books, one of the first parts he told me sparked his interest was quidditch. He is a sports fan, and he enjoyed reading about this sport imagined by J. K. Rowling. This impressed me because it shows me that, as an author, Rowling is able to appeal to a wide audience of people. I am not so in tune with the sports scene as my husband, so that was definitely not something that stood out for me in the books.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment