Saturday, April 10, 2010

Relationships


One element that I would like to focus on in my writing is the parent-child relationship. Somehow I would like to present a moment between a child and parent, and then present their individual points of view about the experience. My mother-in-law once said, "I try to believe that all parents are the best parents that they know how to be." There is never enough experience or research that can prepare a parent to act or react to every situation, and in some ways, children and their parents are similarly along for the ride, coping with life as it comes, and learning myriad lessons along the way.

In my story, I have developed a variety of parent-child relationships to explore that span age and gender possibilities. I strive to create a real depiction of the human condition but with a touch here and there of the super natural. Critical pieces of human development are our relationships, especially those between parents and children beginning at, well, conception.

No comments: