Saturday, June 06, 2009

Change is Good

I like to take pictures of students during learning activities, and the picture above came from a group of photos that I snapped while students were writing poetry (with a focus on the use of sensory details) outside on one of the first warm spring days that we had this year. The school that I have worked in for the past two years has a beautiful campus, and I liked to take advantage of warm days like this to get the kids outside.

Next year, I will be working at a different school about two hours away because I have accepted a job as a middle school reading teacher there. My husband and I will be moving in August, and we are excited about the move because the majority of our family members live in the area, and we have been "away" for about five years. Although I will miss my students and colleagues that I have bonded with over the past couple of years, it will be nice to be close to family again.

2 comments:

Farmgirl Paints said...

Hi Whitney, you were ahead of me at SITS. Congrats on your upcoming move. Have a great Sunday:)

Lora said...

what a cool picture :0) Don't know how on earth I missed this a month ago! Congrats on the new job and the move...may everything be wonderful!