Monday, May 11, 2009

An Old Sketch, A Recurring Problem


This is an image that I sketched a few years ago for Illustration Friday, and I thought about it today because I'm dealing with some of the same kinds of feelings right now. Time is of the essence this month. I finished my two spring semester master's classes, and my final semester (of 5 summer classes) will begin on May 18. My own students (HS English) are taking standardized tests for various classes and trying to finish out their school year, with their last day scheduled for May 31... Yes, this is a Saturday... We do not have any snow days built into our schedule. Hmm...

Anyway, so there is much going on and much yet to do... including yearbook distribution... Ahhh! But, everything will happen and work out smoothly. What can you do but just do it! Haha. Oh yeah, and I still try to squeeze in some time to write here and there! :) Will pick up much more with that in a couple of weeks.

5 comments:

Fiauna said...

Best of luck with your busy, busy schedule!

valentine said...

wow, i didn't realize you were in school AND teaching school.... you do have a very full plate. hopefully things will slow down a bit.

valentine said...

hi! i have an award for you over at my blog, stop by to pick it up!

Anonymous said...

I love when I get a few weeks off from teaching. Right now, I'm off for three weeks, and I have firm plans to clean all of my closets. Wish me luck!

Sandi said...

Time...not enough time. The other day my 11 old son ask me why, when we are sitting for a test that the teacher says to take your time and don't rush and to put your pens down in 30mins time. Brad said I thought she said not to rush, so why are we being timed. I thought I'd share that with you and I hope it all goes smoothly for you.