Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Confined to a Cubicle



A few hours ago, I came to the college library and confined myself to a cubicle because I have a 10-15 page paper due tomorrow, and I simply could not concentrate at my desk at home.  Why is that?  

So, I am actually making progress now.  The paper is for my Renaissance literature course, and I finally narrowed down my topic to societal gender roles in the pre-Shakespearean comedy Fulgens and Lucrece by Henry Medwall.  It was written during the early Tudor period, during the reign of King Henry VIII, and it isn't bad.  For anyone who enjoys Shakespearean plays, I would recommend this play because it is interesting to see how many parallels there are in structure and content of this play by Medwall with the later plays written by Shakespeare.  

Okay, okay... back to work... 

5 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

Good luck on your paper! Popped in from SITS!

Lesley said...

that is a crazy topic....good luck....I'm sure with talking about Gender roles...there should be a ton to write about....Happy SITS day

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Boy does that bring back memories. How has it been 8 yrs since college? Dang I'm old. Good luck! Glad to have found you on SITS!

Fiauna said...

Found you on Blogoholics. Your study area looks great. I am a fan of Shakespeare. I guess I'll have to check out Medwell.

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! :) We live in TN too! In Clarksville! Good luck on your paper! I will be back!