Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Blogs of Note Series: Write a Better Novel


I am an amateur writer, and I'm using my blog to explore my creative energies and just maybe develop a good first novel or two.  In the process, I've been compiling a list of helpful resources over in my "Cure for Writer's Block."  One of the most helpful sites for me so far has been Write a Better Novel by Bill Henderson.  A 12 year+ educator and writing coach, Henderson provides many tips and tools of the trade, from effective freewriting and prewriting prompts to commentary on contemporary authors to tips on style, dialogue, character development, plot development, and more... And he responds to comments from people in the peanut gallery... like me!  

2 comments:

Stesha said...

One day soon you will have a book published:)

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha

Elizabeth D. said...

Greetings from SITS - you were the blogger who posted in front of me this morning and I always try to visit that person! Boy am I glad I did this morning, I could totally use a writing coach! I'm reading "Write is a Verb" by Bill O'Hanlon right now, which I definitely recommend, but I could always use more inspiration and advice. I'll be coming back to visit your blog, that's for sure.

Happy Wednesday :)